Add even more health benefits to your morning cup of warm lemon water by mixing in turmeric. Here’s how to do it and why.
Lemon water, among many other things, detoxifies the body by giving the digestive system a kick in the morning.
Turmeric is an incredibly powerful nutritional supplement. The Indian spice has chemical compounds called curcuminoids, of which curcumin is the most beneficial. Curcumin is an anti-inflammatory agent (helpful for arthritis among many other conditions) and an antioxidant. It also helps the body to absorb other antioxidants.
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- warm water
- a dab of honey (optional)
- Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon into a mug.
- Add the turmeric.
- Add warm water.
- Stir well.
- Add honey to taste, if desired.
- Keep spoon in the cup as turmeric will fall to the bottom so the drink will need to be mixed again.